Search this site with Bing

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just got my invitation for SkyDrive Office Web Apps (screenshots included)

Just after I published my previous post on Windows Live SkyDrive Office Web Applications Technical Preview, I logged in to my SkyDrive and ta-da! I had received my invitation:

WindowsLiveOfficeWebAppsInvitation1

Even though the ‘Learn More’ did not work, it takes you to http://g.live.com/8seskydrive/LearnMorePreview.

In order to join the program, I had to accept a Supplement to Microsoft Service Agreement (which was surprisingly less than expected):

WindowsLiveOfficeWebAppsInvitation2

After accepting the invitation, I was automatically forwarded to the home page of SkyDrive:

WindowsLiveOfficeWebAppsInvitation3 

but with new capabilities:

WindowsLiveOfficeWebAppsInvitation4

Unfortunately,  you cannot create new documents in this Technical Preview but this feature will eventually be available during the beta timeframe:

image

If you weren’t lucky enough to receive an invitation today, sign up for early notification about Office 2010 Beta to know when you can try it out too.

Stay tuned for more!